The Wynberg Project
The Wynberg Project is located about 35 kilometres east of Cloncurry, in North Western Queensland, between the Flinders and Landsborough highways. Access to the Wynberg Mining Lease (ML100111) will be via the Landsborough Highway and on to the designated mine access south of the Mining Lease. A 2 kilometre access road will be constructed between the Landsborough Highway and the Project Mining Lease. The applicant for the mining lease is Round Oak Minerals’ wholly owned subsidiary, Exco Resources (Qld) Pty Ltd.
The Wynberg Au-Cu mineralisation is manifest by ~1-2g/t Au nuggetty and stringy mineralisation observed in numerous thin vein-like structures over a general strike length of 1200 metres, punctuated by zones of wider, more ‘cohesive’ and, in-part, higher-grade gold mineralisation. Gold ore will be processed via the Carbon-In-Pulp Plant located at Great Australia Operation also on Round Oak tenements. After CIP leaching, the gold solution will be adsorbed into carbon prior to being further processed to bullion dore on site.
Construction of the mine infrastructure area and commencement of mining is planned to occur in the last quarter of 2019, subject to grant of the mining lease and approval of the Environmental Authority Amendment.
An Application to Amend Environmental Authority (EPML00941713) was submitted to the Department of Environment and Science in May 2018. The Application was classed as a major amendment under the Assessment Level Decision Process. The Department requested further information to support the Application, which was submitted on 30 June 2019 as part of the Information Stage under the Environmental Protection Act 1994.
The relevant Application Documents are set out below:
- Wynberg EA Amendment Application
- Appendix A Groundwater Bore Drill Logs
- Appendix B Flora and Fauna Assessment
- Appendix C Baseline Surface Water and Sediment
- Appendix D Hydrology and Groundwater Report
- Appendix E Wynberg Land Suitability Assessment Report
- Appendix F Air Quality Impacts Assessment
- Appendix G Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment
- Appendix H EPBC Referral Wynberg
- Appendix I Underground Water Rights
- DES Assessment Level Decision – Major
- DES Additional Information Request
- EA Amendment Supporting Information – 30 June 2019
- Appendix A – Geochemical Assessment of Waste Rock and Ore
- Appendix B – Water Management Plan
- Appendix C – Flood Impact Assessment